"Stepping" Ahead

Helllooooo there, BlogWorld! Sorry, we have not fallen off the face of the earth. Really, we haven't. I actually have been brewing up something a little special for Caby's 1st birthday. Yes, I do realize this happened a month ago, but I PROMISE it'll be worth it if (umm, I mean WHEN) I finish it...hopefully before he turns 2! But I've decided to forge ahead with the blog in an unchronological (I don't think that's a word) order b/c well, I miss blogging, and reading back over some previous entries, I am SO GLAD to have these moments recorded.


And soooo to catch you up, we've been up to a lot of - walking.running.chasing.climbing.cabinet and drawer emptying.tickle fests.playing with the tv buttons and remotes.entertained with a toy no longer than a minute - kinda days. Ah, exhausting days they may be but OH SO FUN! Seriously, this little boy is so much fun. I do not know how it is possible to fall in love with him anymore, but I do.every.single.day. So yes, I'm happy to say that so far, I am loving this toddling stage!


And so I guess I should catch BlogWorld up on a BIG Caby 1st...walking! If I remember correctly, Caby took his unassisted "first steps" (as in step step fall) - 2 weeks before his birthday on January 16th. Every day though, we'd watch his little adventurous spirit take a few more steps and by his birthday two weeks later, he was able to walk a pretty good stretch on his own in a hilarious "Frankenstein style" (as in walk wobbly with both hands held straight up in front!). And in the weeks since his birthday, "Frank style" slowly faded and morphed into a steady walk which quickly evolved into a run! And look out when he gets a little sleepy, he gets MAJORLY GOOFY (as in let's run and face dive into the carpet).


And I have to admit that it absolutely cracks me up to watch him go.go.go! For the longest time, he was such a bubba - I mean he was a MAJOR CHUNK and totally topping out the baby charts. But now, he just looks so tiny to be running around...such a little man. It's absolutely adorable, and I feel like I just can't eat him up enough! And now that he has added a very authoritative "DADA" to his vocabulary, I think that both Kenny and I are completely enamored with this stage. There is nothing sweeter than waking up in the morning to the chirp of "momomomomomomomom." And I end every day just bubbling over with sheer gratitude to get to be this.little boy's.mama. SO VERY BLESSED :)


So yes, BlogWorld, we are back and looking forward to recording more "steps" of this journey!


Comments

Popular Posts